I say, “I wish I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and settle in a safe place!
I have been lurking in the FB group for Bible Journaling and decided to take the plunge! I find that when I do this first thing in the morning, I am spending more quality time with God and in His word! It is fun to use my mixed media skills to create a page, highlighting His word and what I am learning about Him.
I made a quick video for those new to bible journaling, or new to Caran dArche Neocolors II.
Some tips I have learned to create in my bible:
1. use clear gesso to prepare the page- my bible has very thin pages, and prepping with gesso especially Art Basics Clear gesso makes it easier to add lots of media.
2. Be careful holding the edges of the page while you are adding gesso- it can become so wet with the gesso and tears easily!
3. Protect the rest of the bible - I use 2 of my Ranger mats one on each side, I may cut them into 2 like Rebekah Jones did.
4. Highlight the verse first- otherwise your design might cover up the verse you want to highlight!
5. Date each page you create- as a legacy, how great it will be to look back and see all the time you spent with God!
6. Don't use Ranger Distress glaze on top of watercolor pencils! it will smear. Use a spray fixative if you need to set the colors. I love the glaze, but only on Ranger inks!
7. Use a stencil as an alphabet- outline first with archival ink pen, then color in with colored pencils or inks.
8. Place a large stencil across both pages- looks great and draws your eye to the verse!
9. Stencils- use Ranger inks with a sponge, or use a gel ink pen.
10. If you can't draw (like me) find an image on the internet, print it and then trace it onto the page. I used my old light box!